What is a mechanic apprenticeship?
What are some of the jobs I’ll work on in a mechanic apprenticeship?
- Examining motor engines and their pairs
- Diagnosing potential faults in engines and their parts
- Repairing and replacing worn and damaged parts, referring to manuals as required
- Using technical equipment including computer software to test the function of engines and their parts
- Performing scheduled maintenance on vehicles including oil changes, engine tune ups and more to ensure they run smoothly
- Testing and fixing faults with electrical systems in vehicles such as lights, ignition and more
What sort of skills should I have to undertake a mechanic apprenticeship?
- Ability to read and analyse manuals and technical information
- Problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Well organised and patient
- Ability to work well with your hands
- Ability to work well with tools
Looking to start your career as a Mechanic?
Apprenticeships and traineeships are a great way to kick-start your career. You get paid on-the-job training, whilst also completing a nationally recognised qualification.