Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Apprenticeship
Make some cold hard cash by starting your refrigeration and air conditioning apprenticeship today!
The Electrical and Electronic industry employs approximately 600,000 people in many different sectors; communication, installation trade services, construction and building maintenance, electrical and electronic engineering, and computer repair and servicing.
Within this, over 25,000 people work as air-conditioning and refrigeration mechanics. Their role consists of the installation, set-up and servicing of air-conditioning, food storage and preservation systems and equipment, often operating within homes, shops, factories, food premises, office buildings and hospitals.
By starting a refrigeration and air conditioning apprenticeship you’ll be involved in:
- Determining job requirements from drawings and specifications
- Installation and service of refrigeration and air conditioning pipework, equipment and systems
- Working with flexible chords, plugs and wired electrical equipment associated with refrigeration and air conditioning systems
- Locate and correct faults in electrical equipment associated with refrigeration and air conditioning systems
- Test refrigeration and air conditioning equipment and systems
Skills you will need:
- Ability to follow instruction
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to use manual tools
- Ability to work with your hands
- Strong attention to detail
Career options available:
- Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Mechanics, who assemble, install, maintain and repair industrial, commercial and domestic air-conditioning and refrigeration systems and equipment.
Potential entry level qualifications:
- Certificate III in Air-conditioning and Refrigeration
Looking to start your career in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning?
Apprenticeships and traineeships are a great way to kick-start your career. You get paid on-the-job training, whilst also completing a nationally recognised qualification.