Take your skills to the market with a career in marketing!
The marketing industry has had a strong growth of 20.3% over the last 5 years and is projected to continue to grow in the coming decade. As a marketer, you’ll be heavily involved in researching and developing marketing strategies for products and services, implementing marketing plans, tracking marketing and sales data, identifying areas of improvement for your business and more!
A marketing traineeship is a fantastic alternative pathway to getting your foot in the door of the marketing world. By starting a marketing traineeship you’ll be involved in:
- Reporting & updating monthly growth charts
- Assisting in all activities on marketing calendar when required
- Assisting the marketing team with statistics and KPI measurements
- Being the liaison person for Flagstaff & other printing suppliers/graphic designers
- Developing and proof-reading marketing collateral materials
- Producing marketing reports
Skills you will need:
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Great customer service skills
- Analytical thinking
- Writing skills
Career options available:
- Marketing Assistants who support the marketing manager or director in carrying out various strategies and tasks. In the role you compile, analyse and report on marketing data. You’ll also help maintain client relationships and execute campaigns.
- Digital Marketers develop strong and innovative digital marketing strategies and techniques to drive traffic to company pages and generate interest in company products and services. They also help create engaging written, graphic, and video content while staying up-to-date on latest marketing technologies and social media.
- Advertising professionals create or prepare marketing communication that persuades an audience to purchase a product or service. The purpose of advertising is to develop a brand for a company and to create relationships between the company and its customers.
Potential entry level qualifications:
- Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication
- Diploma of Marketing
- Advanced Diploma of Marketing
Looking to start your career in Marketing?
Apprenticeships and traineeships are a great way to kick-start your career. You get paid on-the-job training, whilst also completing a nationally recognised qualification.