We provide access to pre-employment courses across Australia to provide you with a 'taste' of your ideal career before you're ready to commit to the full apprenticeship or traineeship.
What is a pre-employment course?
Pre-employment courses (also known as pre-apprenticeship or pre-traineeship courses) allow you to sample what it would be like to study and work in a given industry. They typically run for around 3-4 weeks, and are free, however some can run for 10-12 weeks and are paid (that's right, we pay you to attend and learn). These courses can provide you with great exposure into a career path. We offer courses for traditional trades like construction, electrical, or automotive, as well as traineeships courses such as individual support work, child care and business administration.
Other benefits include:
- Explore a particular industry without committing to a full apprenticeship or traineeship
- Access to qualified and experienced teachers in a TAFE setting
- Gain real work experience and develop on-the-job skills
- Get a certificate when you’re finished to boost your resume
- We help you find a job on completion of the course
Upcoming pre-employment courses:
The below courses are upcoming across Australia:
Automotive - Women in Trade
Location: Campbelltown, NSW
Start Date: 24th January 2024
Duration: 3 days a week for 3 weeks, including work experience! PPE Provided
Cost: FREE! Be reimbursed for out-of-pocket childcare expenses for the 3 week program!
Certification on completion: Statement of Attainment