Develop your career with a childcare traineeship today!
The Community Services Industry works with individuals, families and the community to assist and support those in need with a goal of improving their quality of life. Together the Community Services and Health Industry have 1.3 million workers and employ 11% of the Australian workforce. It is one of the largest employing industries in Australia.
By starting a childcare traineeship you’ll be involved in:
- Structured learning in both indoor and outdoor settings
- Inspiring the development of children’s motor skills, cooperative skills, confidence and understanding through activities
- Developing confidence in language skills through story-telling, rhymes, and group and individual conversation.
- Supporting children’s wellbeing
- Development of after and before school care programs
- Development of vacation programs
- Discussing children’s needs and progress with parents, individually and in meetings
Skills you will need:
- Strong conversational skills
- Organisational skills
- Patience and time management
- Troubleshooting techniques
Career options available:
- Early Childhood (Pre-primary School) Teachers who help with the development of basic numeracy, literacy music and art in pre-primary children. Early Childhood teachers also inspire children’s social, emotional, intellectual and physical development.
Potential entry level qualifications:
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
Looking to start your career in Childcare?
Apprenticeships and traineeships are a great way to kick-start your career. You get paid on-the-job training, whilst also completing a nationally recognised qualification.