Find your ideal fit and build your way to career success!
Shopfitting is a highly diverse and rewarding career path which will see you working in new and old stores and shops to assist with designing and assembling shop fronts, bulkheads, fittings and bearing as well as laying subfloor frames.
By starting a Shopfitting Apprenticeship you’ll be involved in:
- Liaising with clients to ascertain shop requirements.
- Preparing and designing plans for contracts.
- Installing fittings for small to medium sized businesses.
- Working in team environments to cut wood, glass and other materials for shops.
- Organising and ordering materials for jobs.
- Liaising with other trades people for large projects.
Skills you will need:
- Passion for being outdoors
- An eye for design
- Strong communication skills
- Team work skills
- Ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to plan and multi-task
- Ability to Problem solve
Career options available:
Shopfitter: People who carry out varied jobs and tasks such as installing woodwork, metalwork and glasswork for shops, banks, offices, bars and restaurants.
Potential entry level qualifications
- Certificate II in Construction
Certificate III in Shopfitting
Looking to start your career in Shopfitting?
Apprenticeships and traineeships are a great way to kick-start your career. You get paid on-the-job training, whilst also completing a nationally recognised qualification.