In 2021, the NSW Government kicked off their Infrastructure Traineeship Programs, which blends TAFE NSW studies with a hands on experience for traineeships. A business traineeship is one of the fields where the NSW Government has included in their program, where you will study 1 day per week with TAFE NSW towards a BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business.
The Business Services industry is involved in the operation and management of businesses, including occupations from entry-level administrative and clerical staff to those involved in governance and corporate strategy at the highest level. As such it is not an independent industry; rather all Australian industries include workers in Business Services.
Types of tasks/activities completed in the role
The activities you will be involved in will depend on your specialisation you’re working towards, but examples include:
- Develop and use complex spreadsheets
- Coordinate business resources
- Address customer needs
- Data capture and storage
- Report on financial activity
- Undertake project work
- Records and Information Management
Skills you will need
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to liaise with clients
- Competency in using computers
- Ability to multi-task
- A good customer service orientation
Ok, let's get started!
Our virtual assistant Charlie will take you through the first part of the application process. If you're eligible, you’ll be invited to schedule an interview with one of our recruitment consultants.
Simple as that!
Career options available
- Executive Assistant: you will provide one-on-one support to senior staff such as monitoring a manager’s email, drafting communications on their behalf, and planning and organising meetings on their behalf.
- Administrator: you would undertake a range of functions to ensure the administration activities within organisations run smoothly.
- Project Officer: you would plan, direct, co-ordinate and implement specific activities to achieve a resource and time limited business objective.
- Office Administrator: you would engage in a number of administration activities, be able to prioritise and supervise staff to ensure smooth operations in an office environment.
- Sales Account Assistant: you are responsible for increasing organisations' products and/or services sales
Potential entry level qualifications
- Certificate III in Business
- Certificate IV in Business
- Diploma in Business
Looking to start your career in Business?
Traineeships are a great way to kick-start your career. You get paid on-the-job training, whilst also completing a nationally recognised qualification.