Take your passion for technology to the next level!
If you love technology, the IT field can offer a number of opportunities and areas to specialise in. The rate of technology development and the demand of highly skilled IT professionals has accelerated dramatically and will continue to grow in the coming decade.
An IT traineeship is a great alternative pathway to getting your foot in the door of the IT world. By starting an IT traineeship you’ll be involved in:
- IT support and maintenance
- Help desk support
- Hardware & software installation
- Internet and software troubleshooting
- Problem resolutions
Skills you will need:
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Customer service
- Written and verbal communication
Career options available:
- Customer support specialist who are responsible for diagnosing and troubleshooting customers’ problems while providing high-quality customer service.
- Database administrator who provide any troubleshooting issues on behalf of users or an organisation whilst maintaining the performance, integrity and security of a database.
- Network engineer who design, set up, maintain and upgrade computer telecommunication networks.
- Business analyst who deal with business professionals and IT to gather information about the software and hardware required for the company to operate and identify what the best options are.
Potential entry level qualifications:
- Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology
- Certificate III in Telecommunications Technology
- Certificate IV in Information Technology
- Certificate IV in Information Technology Support
- Certificate IV in Web-Based Technologies
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology and Strategic Management
Looking to start your career in IT?
Apprenticeships and traineeships are a great way to kick-start your career. You get paid on-the-job training, whilst also completing a nationally recognised qualification.