Strike up a bargain with a career in retail!
The retail sector is an ever changing business environment as one of Australia’s largest employers with over 1.5 million people working within the industry. The wide variety of retail outlets offer goods and services sold through small specialty stores, large department stores and everything in between. These stores sell items such as food, clothing, cosmetics, hardware, household and office supplies.
By starting a retail traineeship you’ll be involved in:
- Merchandising goods for sale
- Assisting in management of stock
- Operating Point of Sale devices to accept payment for goods and services
- Sale of a variety of goods and services
- Assisting customers with decision making
Skills you will need:
- Customer service
- Time management
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task
Career options available:
- Retail Sales Assistants who sell goods and services, including but not limited to: clothing, household appliances, food, hardware, office supplies and cosmetics, in retail and wholesale establishments.
Potential entry level qualifications:
- Certificate II in Retail
Looking to start your career in Retail?
Apprenticeships and traineeships are a great way to kick-start your career. You get paid on-the-job training, whilst also completing a nationally recognised qualification.