Take your passion for retail up a gear by kick-starting a sales traineeship!
The retail and sales industry is one of Australia’s largest employers, with over 1.5 million people employed. This industry has seen rapid growth through the rise of supermarkets and department stores.
By starting a sales traineeship you’ll be involved in:
- Meeting and greeting customers in a friendly manner
- Determining customer requirements and advising solutions based on price, product specifications, usages and more
- Selling products in industries which can include: food, consumer products, electronics and other personal goods
- Assisting in the management of stock and product inventories
- Stacking and displaying stock for sale
Skills you will need:
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong organisational skills
Career options available:
- Retail Sales Assistants who work in retail settings including both small retailers and large department stores. Day-to-day work will typically involve assisting customers and selling products to meet their needs.
Potential entry level qualifications:
- Certificate II in Retail
Looking to start your career in Sales?
Apprenticeships and traineeships are a great way to kick-start your career. You get paid on-the-job training, whilst also completing a nationally recognised qualification.