Take your passion for fixing and repairing to the next level!
Plumbers perform a wide variety of tasks related to assessing and repairing structures and facilities. This may include: maintaining and fixing piping systems, water regulators, as well as maintaining stormwater, drainage and sewerage systems.
By starting a plumbing apprenticeship you’ll be involved in:
- Assessing damage on stormwater drains and checking for signs of wear and tear such as cracking or leakages.
- Dissembling and assembling values, pipes and fittings.
- Installing bathroom fixtures such as piping, wash basins, toilets and sprinkler systems.
- Repairing air-conditioning systems.
Skills you will need:
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to liaise with clients
- Enjoy manual work
- Good hand-to-eye coordination
Career options available:
Draining: People who deal with removing, fixing and the maintaining of pipes and fittings for stormwater and waste.
Gas fitting: People who install, disconnect and fix pipes and fittings for ventilation equipment which involves gases such as natural gases, fuel or petroleum.
Mechanical Services Plumbing: People who work on installing, removing and fixing pipes, fittings, air-conditioning systems and valves.
Roof Plumbing: People who install, maintain and fix pipes and fittings for gutters, rainwater pipes and downpipes.
Sanitary Plumbing: People who install, maintain and fix pipes and fittings for the processing of sewerage.
Water Plumbing: People who install, maintain and fix pipes and fittings for hot and cold water.
Fire Protection: People who install and maintain systems for fire protection.
Potential entry level qualifications
- Certificate III in Plumbing (Mechanical Services)
- Certificate III in Plumbing
- Certificate III in Roof Plumbing
- Certificate III in Fire Protection
- Certificate III in Gas Fitting
Looking to get back into work?
Are you an apprentice or trainee who has recently lost their job and are looking to continue their training? Register today to be the first in line when job opportunities are starting to re-appear.
Job opportunities are starting to re-appear, we want to help you be the first in line to grab them.
Register today and we’ll do everything we can to help you find your next job!
I don’t have my resume on me, I’ll send this through later.