Are you ready to become a CUT above the rest?
The hair and beauty industry is made up of businesses that work in: hairdressing, beauty, manicure/pedicure services and massage. There are over 70,000 people employed in hairdressing and it represents the largest segment within the hair and beauty industry.
By starting a hairdressing apprenticeship you’ll be involved in:
- Providing advice to people on hair care, styles and product information
- Cutting, drying and colouring hair
- Styling hair as well as adding extensions
- Arranging appointments and collecting payments from customers
- Treating hair through the use of chemical solutions
- Cleaning and sanitising work equipment and work zones
Skills you will need:
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with your hands
- Ability to work to deadline
Career options available:
- Hairdressers who typically work in salons, consulting clients about their hair requirements as well as providing services that involve cutting, dying, shampooing and styling hair.
- Hair Stylists who collaborate with other professionals including photographers, models, make-up artists and other teams to style hair for purposes such as television, magazine shoots, events and more.
Potential entry level qualifications:
- Certificate III in Hairdressing
- Certificate IV in Hairdressing
Looking to start your career as a Hairdresser?
Apprenticeships and traineeships are a great way to kick-start your career. You get paid on-the-job training, whilst also completing a nationally recognised qualification.
Register with us to find out more:
I don’t have my resume on me, I’ll send this through later.