Stone Masonry Apprenticeship
Create a monumental career with a stone masonry apprenticeship!
The Building and Construction sector is one of the largest employing industries in Australia. This industry works over residential and non-residential sectors working in trades including but not limited to: signage, brick and block laying, carpentry, concreting, waterproofing, joinery, shop fitting, stonemasonry (monumental/installation), roof tiling, rigging and scaffolding.
By starting a stone masonry apprenticeship you’ll be involved in:
- Cutting and shaping hard and soft stone blocks and masonry slabs
- Reading plans and specifications
- Assembly and disassembly of restricted height scaffolding
- Servicing brick and cement block structures
Skills you will need:
- Ability to follow instructions
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to use manual tools
- Ability to work with your hands
- Strong attention to detail
Career options available:
- Bricklayers who lay bricks, pre-cut stones and other types of building blocks in cement to build and repair walls, arches, partitions and other structures.
- Stonemasons who cut and shape hard and soft stone blocks and masonry slabs for the construction and renovation of large stone structures and monumental masonry.
Potential entry level qualifications:
- Certificate II in Construction
- Certificate II in Stoneworking
- Certificate III in Stonemasonry (Monumental/Installation)
Looking to start your career in Stone Masonry?
Apprenticeships and traineeships are a great way to kick-start your career. You get paid on-the-job training, whilst also completing a nationally recognised qualification.
Register with us to find out more:
I don’t have my resume on me, I’ll send this through later.