Painting and Decorating Apprenticeship
Brush your way to career success today!
The painting and decorating industry employs almost 50,000 Australians in mostly small to medium sized businesses. This sector includes key areas such as: residential painting (homes), commercial (corporate offices) and hospitality (hotels, restaurants & more).
By starting a painting and decorating apprenticeship you’ll be involved in:
- Preparing surfaces and removing old paint
- Smoothing and sealing surfaces
- Use of ladders and scaffolding to reach high surfaces
- Use of brushes and other technical equipment to paint surfaces
- Using sheets and other surface protecting tools to prevent paint splattering
- Selecting and preparing required paints including adding thinning and drying additives
- Cleaning equipment and work areas
Skills you will need:
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with your hands
- Ability to work to deadlines
Career options available:
- Painters and Decorators who apply paints, varnishes, wallpapers and other finishes to maintain and decorate surfaces on or outside residential, commercial, hospitality and other industrial buildings.
Potential entry level qualifications:
- Certificate II in Construction Pathways
- Certificate III in Painting and Decorating
Looking to start your career in Painting and Decorating?
Apprenticeships and traineeships are a great way to kick-start your career. You get paid on-the-job training, whilst also completing a nationally recognised qualification.
Register with us to find out more:
I don’t have my resume on me, I’ll send this through later.