Project management skills are highly regarded in all industries. The ability to lead, plan, and execute projects to stringent deadlines and budgets is a primary skill in all areas of work. Those who can demonstrate competence in this area are considered attractive to prospective employers.
Types of tasks/activities completed in the role
The activities you will be involved in will depend on the project you’re working on, but examples include:
- Support wider project operations
- Use project tools and methodologies
- Support organisational or business activities
- Capture and store data
- Collect, analyse and present workplace data and information
- Implement and monitor procurement process
- Organise meetings
Skills you will need
- Working autonomously
- Self-motivation and drive
- Prioritising conflicting work
- Great communication skills
- Managing your time and meeting deadlines
Career options available
- Project administrator: you are managing project documentation and contracts, raising issues and implementing changes to contracts. Providing daily support to project team as directed by management. Overseeing work performed by contractors and reporting on variations. Assisting Project Managers with budgeting and regular reporting
- Contracts officer: you liaise between companies and their clients to provide advice and help with issues related to contracts. They often work closely with legal and finance colleagues.
- Quality officer: you are maintaining the standard quality and requirements for their business' products or services
- Project analyst: you help drive a project from start to finish by coordinating information, providing support through data analysis, and contributing to overall strategy and performance evaluation. They're responsible for project documentation and monitoring
Potential entry level qualifications
- Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- Diploma in Project Management Practice
Looking to start your career in Project Management?
Traineeships are a great way to kick-start your career. You get paid on-the-job training, whilst also completing a nationally recognised qualification.
Watch Our Webinar
Register with us to find out more:
I don’t have my resume on me, I’ll send this through later.