The Business Services industry is involved in the operation and management of businesses, including occupations from entry-level administrative and clerical staff to those involved in governance and corporate strategy at the highest level. As such it is not an independent industry; rather all Australian industries include workers in Business Services.
Types of tasks/activities completed in the role
The activities you will be involved in will depend on your specialisation you’re working towards, but examples include:
- Develop and use complex spreadsheets
- Coordinate business resources
- Address customer needs
- Data capture and storage
- Report on financial activity
- Undertake project work
- Records and Information Management
Skills you will need
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to liaise with clients
- Competency in using computers
- Ability to multi-task
- A good customer service orientation
Career options available
- Executive Assistant: you will provide one-on-one support to senior staff such as monitoring a manager’s email, drafting communications on their behalf, and planning and organising meetings on their behalf.
- Administrator: you would undertake a range of functions to ensure the administration activities within organisations run smoothly.
- Project Officer: you would plan, direct, co-ordinate and implement specific activities to achieve a resource and time limited business objective.
- Office Administrator: you would engage in a number of administration activities, be able to prioritise and supervise staff to ensure smooth operations in an office environment.
- Sales Account Assistant: you are responsible for increasing organisations' products and/or services sales
Potential entry level qualifications
- Certificate III in Business
- Certificate IV in Business
- Diploma in Business
Looking to start your career in Business?
Traineeships are a great way to kick-start your career. You get paid on-the-job training, whilst also completing a nationally recognised qualification.
Register with us to find out more:
I don’t have my resume on me, I’ll send this through later.