Wall and Floor Tiling Apprenticeship
Seal the deal and square away your path to success!
Wall and floor tilers lay glass, marble, clay and slate tiles in residential, commercial and public projects. They work extensively on internal and external walls as well as floors for both decorative and protective finishes.
By starting a wall and floor apprenticeship you’ll be involved in:
- Reviewing plans and measuring surfaces, as well as laying out tiling work.
- Preparing floor and wall surfaces which may involve removing old tiles, filling cracks and holes.
- Placing adhesive onto tiles and their surfaces.
- Applying waterproofing systems.
- Ensuring tiles are correctly cut and shaped.
- Creating patterns and mosaics.
- Grouting tiles and removing excess.
Skills you will need:
- An eye for design
- Strong communication skills
- Team work skills
- Ability to plan and multi-task
- Ability to Problem solve
Career options available:
Wall and Floor Tiler: People who lay ceramic and other tiling materials on floors and walls within a variety of residential and commercial buildings. Settings may include swimming pools, bathrooms, factories, offices, shops and new buildings.
Potential entry level qualifications
What’s the next step?
Does this sound like the career path for you? Apply now and kick start your Wall and Floor Tiling Apprenticeship today.