Take your passion for fixing and repairing to the next level!
Plumbers perform a wide variety of tasks related to assessing and repairing structures and facilities. This may include: maintaining and fixing piping systems, water regulators, as well as maintaining stormwater, drainage and sewerage systems.
By starting a plumbing apprenticeship you’ll be involved in:
- Assessing damage on stormwater drains and checking for signs of wear and tear such as cracking or leakages.
- Dissembling and assembling values, pipes and fittings.
- Installing bathroom fixtures such as piping, wash basins, toilets and sprinkler systems.
- Repairing air-conditioning systems.
Skills you will need:
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to liaise with clients
- Enjoy manual work
- Good hand-to-eye coordination
Career options available:
Draining: People who deal with removing, fixing and the maintaining of pipes and fittings for stormwater and waste.
Gasfitting: People who install, disconnect and fix pipes and fittings for ventilation equipment which involves gases such as natural gases, fuel or petroleum.
Mechanical Services Plumbing: People who work on installing, removing and fixing pipes, fittings, air-conditioning systems and valves.
Roof Plumbing: People who install, maintain and fix pipes and fittings for gutters, rainwater pipes and downpipes.
Sanitary Plumbing: People who install, maintain and fix pipes and fittings for the processing of sewerage.
Water Plumbing: People who install, maintain and fix pipes and fittings for hot and cold water.
Fire Protection: People who install and maintain systems for fire protection.
Potential entry level qualifications
- Certificate III in Plumbing (Mechanical Services)
- Certificate III in Plumbing
- Certificate III in Roof Plumbing
- Certificate III in Fire Protection
- Certificate III in Gas Fitting
What’s the next step?
Does this sound like the career path for you? Apply now and kick start your apprenticeship today!