Apprenticeship Careers Australia (ACA) is Australia’s best apprentice and trainee company, We have an exciting opportunity available for 2 enthusiastic Commercial Cookery Trainees to work in the kitchen of a aged care facility in Canberra.
If you want to gain a qualification and at the same time get great work experience and paid a wage, look no further.
You will learn from skilled tradespeople, who are passionate about the Commercial Cookery Industry.
Do you have a passion for Hospitality/Cooking?
Kitchens are lively places, where there are on-going deadlines and demands. You’ll need to be able to think on your feet and plan ahead, while maintaining a positive and up-beat attitude. You will be supported while you learn the ropes of a commercial cookery kitchen.
As an integral member of the team, reliability and communication skills are a must.
This is an opportunity to grow and gain valuable knowledge towards a rewarding career in commercial cookery. This vibrant and popular business serves meals for breakfast and lunch 7 days per week as well as one dinner per month.
Duties May Include:
- Learn all things commercial cookery
- Work within a team of qualified chefs
- Assist culturally – Food preference, cultural preference
- Learn skills and special techniques within the kitchen
- Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
- Clean kitchen premises and equipment
- Show social and cultural sensitivity
- Use hygienic practices for food safety
- Participate in safe food handling practices
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Willing to obtain or currently hold a First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003)
- Willing to obtain or currently hold a Provide CPR Certificate (HLTAID001)
- Willing to obtain or currently hold a Manual handling Certificate
- Hold a current Working with Vulnerable People Card
- Willing to undertake a Police check
- Fluent communication in both verbal and written English
- Must have or willing to have current 2020 Flu Vaccination (documentation must be presented).
If this sounds like you, Apply now!!
For more information and a chat about this awesome opportunity, call our crew on 1300 765 155 or email firstname.lastname@example.org