Apprenticeship Careers Australia (ACA) is a leading employer of apprentices and trainees. ACA are looking to help mentor and support the next generation of Engineering Fabricators. We currently have a number roles for motivated 1st Year through to 4th year Engineering Fabrication Apprentices, to join our team located in Ingleburn.
- Friendly, easy to talk to and polite?
- Reliable, honest and trustworthy?
- Motivated and eager to learn?
- Able to focus and get the job done in a timely manner?
- Someone who takes pride in the things that you do?
- Have an eye for detail and precision?
- Someone that enjoys hands on work with power tools?
What are the benefits?
- “Earn and Learn” to gain a full trade qualification over four years
- A qualified mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Open to candidates from a wide range of cultural backgrounds
As an Engineering Fabrication Apprentice, you will be working for one of our recognised partners who specialise in manufacturing items in aluminium and stainless steel. They have expertise in aluminium fabrication, producing metalwork and finished metal products for a variety of different needs encountered in Architectural, Building, Domestic, Industrial, Marine and Automotive industry sectors.
Throughout the apprenticeship you will be surrounded by qualified tradesmen to support you. You will gain practical experience working in the factory with our metal fabrication partners, whilst attending TAFE studying to complete a Certificate III in Engineering Fabrication.
Duties May Include:
- General metal fabrication in stainless steel, aluminium, copper
- Make custom/bespoke items, engineering components, machinery parts
- Using, grinders, polishes, benders, guillotines, brake presses, punches
- Learn all aspect of welding including mig,tig.
- Produce high end quality items – Must be millimetre perfect
- Assist with repairs across a range of metal products
- Repairs, modifications, and fabrications and finishing
- General hand tool work such as grinding, cutting, polishing, drilling, etc
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Drivers licence strongly preferred but not essential
- Minimum Year 10 education completed
- An aptitude for mathematics and English
- Commitment to completing a 4-year trade apprenticeship
- Any exposure to metals, fabrication or engineering is highly valued
All candidates are encouraged to apply. Engineering students who want to actually make something are especially encouraged to apply.
For more information and a chat about this awesome opportunity, call our recruitment team on 1300 765 155 or email firstname.lastname@example.org