Gain valuable industry experience and get paid whilst completing a Certificate IV in Disability Services
Apprenticeship Careers Australia are seeking a dedicated and motivated individual to undertake a Disability Support Traineeship with one of our well-established and reputable host employers in the disability sector.
The successful candidate will work full time and complete a Certificate IV in Disability Services.
No experience necessary!
We are looking for individuals with a passion for helping people achieve their goals.
Previous experience is not essential as we are seeking someone who has the right attitude, is dependable, reliable, with a strong work ethic, a willingness to learn.
- Must be conscientious with a passion for helping others
- Has excellent time management skills
- Shows initiative and can work well autonomously
- Willingness to work under Work Health and Safety guidelines
- Has a professional attitude
- Shows initiative
- A commitment to learning and development
The Disability Support Worker is responsible for providing flexible and responsive support to people with disability which promotes choice, self-determination and independence in a range of community settings and in-home.
The worker is required to meet the individual needs of people with disability, which may include, but not limited to, assistance with personal care, domestic duties, medication management, transport, meal preparation and shopping, skill development training, social support, and assistance to access and participate in the community.
- Ensure client dignity, privacy and confidentiality are preserved
- Assist with delivery of programs that facilitate community inclusion and participation, and promote individual needs, abilities, and preferences
- Assist individuals to undertake activities of daily living including personal /self-care, eating and maintenance of personal hygiene, using the principles of active support
- Support individuals to use their preferred method of communication enabling them to be understood, listened to and responded to
- Other duties as directed
- Must be Australian or New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Drivers Licence preferred but not essential
- Demonstrate cooperation, respect, consideration, and tact in dealing with others (supervisors, peers, clients)
- Aptitude for working and communicating effectively with participants, their families and community agencies
- Ability to prioritise requirements
- High-level written and oral communication skills.
- Competent computer literacy and typing skills
- Experience in the Microsoft Office suite preferred
- Current Working With Children Check
- Current Police Check
- Gain a fully funded Certificate IV in Disability Services
- Gain valuable industry experience
- Get paid the national training wage whilst you learn both on and off-the-job
- Be supported and mentored along the way by your host employer and a dedicated ACA Field Officer
- Work close to home (South Morang location)
National Training Wage Award rates apply
Monday August 9, 2021 – 5pm
If this sounds like you, Apply Now!