Apprenticeship Careers Australia (ACA) is greatly known for matching Apprentices and Trainees with businesses across Australia. We help mentor and support Australians through vocational education pathways.
Here at ACA we are currently looking for outstanding candidates to build their career by undertaking a Traineeship as a Disability Support Worker.
Become an Essential Worker and support those with a disability in the community.
Industry experience is not essential as this opportunity allows you to learn and study at the same time.
As an integral member of the team, reliability and excellent communication skills are a must, as well as the ability to be flexible and sensitive to the needs of the clients.
These positions are permanent part time with a minimum of 15 hours per week – and the opportunity to increase your hours as you achieve competencies.
- Someone that wants to make a difference in the life of an individual requiring support
- Able to manage challenging behaviours
- Flexible to work varied shifts – including weekends, public holidays and holiday periods
- Able to use initiative
- Someone who likes to work with other people in a team
- Friendly, easy to talk to and polite
- Reliable, honest and trustworthy
- Motivated and eager to learn
As a Disability Support Trainee, you’ll be surrounded by an awesome crew to support you, plus get your practical experience working with our host.
The role involves supporting clients in a group home setting or in the community with everyday living tasks, learning how to manage challenging behaviours and supporting clients with mental health or trauma history.
Whilst gaining valuable work experience, this traineeship will require you to complete a Certificate III in Individual Support.
Training will be completed on the job
Duties May Include:
- Learning to manage challenging behaviours such as clients with mental health or trauma history
- Implementing programs to support clients to develop skills and attributes
- Facilitate outings and other social activities
- Supporting daily living tasks such as cleaning and personal care etc
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Permanent Resident
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate or willing to obtain prior to commencing employment
- Willing to obtain or currently hold a Working with Children Check
- Current Driver’s Licence and own comprehensively insured vehicle
- Hold a current or willing to undertake a National Police Check
- Fluent in both verbal and written English
- Must have or willing to have at least first dose of Covid-19 vaccination (documentation must be presented)
- Willing to commit to completing a Certificate III in Individual Support
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to gain work experience and a nationally recognised qualification
- Above training award pay rate (S.C.H.A.D.S)
- Weekly Pay
- Locations: Oran Park, Spring Farm and Leppington
This opportunity is open to all ages, so what are you waiting for!
If this sounds like you, apply now with your resume and cover letter telling us why you are the person we need.
For more information and a chat about this awesome opportunity, contact our crew at firstname.lastname@example.org