Apprenticeship Careers Australia (ACA) is greatly known for matching Apprentices and Trainees with businesses across Australia. We help mentor and support Australians through vocational education pathways.
Become an essential worker and be a positive influence for others in the community needing support with their mental health.
Previous experience in community services preferred but not essential as this opportunity allows you to learn and study to gain a Certificate IV in Mental Heath at the same time.
As an integral member of the team, reliability and excellent communication skills are a must, as well as the ability to be flexible and sensitive to the needs of the clients.
This is a permanent part time role with a minimum of 21 hours per week – and the opportunity to increase your hours as you achieve competencies.
As a Disability Support Trainee, you’ll be surrounded by an awesome crew to support you, plus get your practical experience working with our Host employer.
The role involves supporting clients in the community with their NDIS plan by providing direct support, liaising with service providers such as allied health, education institutes, hospitals and housing and justice.
Whilst gaining valuable work experience, this traineeship will require you to complete a Certificate IV in Mental Health
Duties May Include:
- Learning to manage challenging behaviours such as clients with mental health or trauma history
- Implement client NDIS support plans
- Document and managing client notes and files
- Liaise with industry stakeholders on clients’ behalf
Training will be completed on the job
Are you able to:
- Actively encourage others to help them achieve their goals
- Have an awareness of challenges people face with mental health
- Demonstrate an understanding some knowledge of the NDIS
- Provide great customer service
- Show initiative
- Be motivated and eager to learn
- Show resilience
- Effectively communicate – both written and verbal
- Is an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Permanent Resident
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current Driver’s Licence and own comprehensively insured vehicle
- Hold a current or willing to undertake a National Police Check
- Must have Covid-19 vaccination or have had first dose (documentation must be presented)
- Willing to commit to completing a Certificate IV in Mental Health
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to gain work experience and a nationally recognised qualification
- Weekly Pay based on S.C.H.A.D.S Training Award
- Work locally in the Illawarra
This opportunity is open to all ages, so what are you waiting for!
If this sounds like you, apply now with your resume and cover letter telling us why you would like to pursue this traineeship
For more information and a chat about this awesome opportunity, contact our crew at email@example.com