Apprenticeship Careers Australia (ACA) is well known for matching Apprentices and Trainees with businesses across Australia. We help mentor and support Australians through vocational education pathways.
Apprenticeship Careers Australia (ACA) only hires the best Apprentices and Trainees and places them with leading employers. This could be you!
Our Host is an aged care facility based in Bowral. We are seeking candidates who are passionate about helping others. These roles are permanent part-time on a minimum of 15hours per week with opportunity for full time hours.
- Someone that wants to make a difference in the life of an individual requiring support
- Flexible to work varied shifts – including weekends, public holidays and holiday periods
- Someone who likes to work with other people in a team
- Friendly, easy to talk to and polite
- Reliable, honest and trustworthy
- Motivated and eager to learn
- Able to use initiative
- Currently studying or willing to complete Certificate III in Individual Support (ageing)
Duties you would be required to complete as part of your traineeship include:
- Providing companionship and support during daily activities
- Assisting with personal care routines
- Provide physical assistance
- Assist in administering medications
- Develop relationships with aged residents
- Work as part of a great team
Training will be completed in the workplace
Our Ideal Candidates:
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Willing to commit to completing a certificate III in Individual Support (ageing)
- Have a Driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle preferred
- Willing to undertake a Police check
- Fluent in both verbal and written English
- Must have or willing to obtain Flu Vaccination (documentation must be presented).
- Lives in the Southern Highlands area is preferred
- Ability to work a variety of shifts Monday to Sunday, including day, afternoon and night shifts
If this sounds like you, apply now with your resume and cover letter telling us why you are the person we need.