Automotive Group Training (AGT) has partnered with huge hitter in the Heavy Vehicle Industry located in Fairfield. We are on the hunt for a motivated and passionate 2nd Year Heavy Vehicle Mechanic Apprentice. We help mentor and support the next generation of Heavy Vehicle Mechanics through employment and accredited vocational education pathways.
If you are looking to continue your apprenticeship or seek a change of employer in the automotive industry and want a great company to work with to finish your qualification, look no further!
What we are looking for:
- Someone who likes to work in a team
- An aptitude for Mechanics
- Friendly, easy to talk to and polite
- Reliable, honest and trustworthy
- Someone who takes pride in everything they do
- Have a passion and interest for all aspects in automotive
As a Heavy Vehicle Mechanic Apprentice, you would work on heavy commercial vehicles performing a range of service, repair and diagnostic procedures including engines, transmissions and final drive assemblies as well as complete a Certificate III in Heavy Vehicle Mechanics.
Some of the duties include:
- Diagnose and repair diesel engines, gearboxes and exhaust systems
- Diagnose and repair heavy commercial vehicle steering systems & suspension
- Diagnose and repair heavy vehicle air over hydraulic braking systems
- Test, charge and replace batteries and jump-start vehicles
- Test and repair basic electrical circuits
- Remove, inspect and refit heavy vehicle wheel and tyre assemblies
- Select and use bearings, seals, gaskets, sealants and adhesives
- Inspect and service suspension systems
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must have current Drivers Licence
- Motivated and eager to learn
- Physically fit – to carry heavy objects
Juniors are encouraged to apply!
All suitable applications will be considered if a resume and cover letter is attached.
For more information and a chat about this awesome opportunity, call our crew on 02 9796 3655