Apprenticeship Careers Australia (ACA) is a leading employer of Apprentices in the building and construction Sector. We help mentor and support the next generation of Building apprentices through employment and vocational education pathways.
Here at ACA we currently have an opportunity for an experienced 1st or 2nd Year Apprentice Carpenter to join our team, you will generally be working in the Greater Western Sydney area from Richmond to Camden. We have partnered with a busy carpentry business that specialises in frames, trusses, flooring and cladding.
If you are looking to start or continue your Carpentry career journey and want a great company to work with, look no further!
What are the benefits?
- “Earn and Learn” Gain a Trade Qualification
- A qualified mentor who will guide you through your Apprenticeship!
- Culturally diverse employers
Key personal attributes:
- Ability and desire to work in a team
- Sound numeracy, written and verbal communication skills
- Reliability and punctuality
- Physically fit for the role
- Friendly, easy to talk to and polite
- Motivated and eager to learn with a strong work ethic
- Someone who follows procedures and works safely
- Someone who takes pride in their work
As an Apprentice Carpenter, you will be working mainly on a variety of new residential sites across Western Sydney, assisting tradespeople installing and erecting flooring, frames and trusses. Whilst gaining valuable, practical experience you will be required to attend TAFE and study a Certificate III in Carpentry. This is a great learning role working in a strong team environment requiring someone who can work in fast paced changing environment.
Duties May Include:
- Installation and constructing of flooring, wall and ceiling frames,
- erecting roof trusses, pitched roofs and eaves
- measuring and cutting timber and other materials
- performing basic maths calculations
- generally assisting tradespeople
- carrying tools and building materials
- keeping building site clean and organised
- following safe work procedures
- Must be Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must have a Current Drivers Licence & own transport
- White Card required
- Analytical and technical mindset
- The ability to understand written and verbal instruction
- Highly motivated team player
- Experienced 1st or 2nd Year apprentice strongly preferred.
If you have the required skills and passion for Carpentry and working with timber apply now, we want to hear from you! Feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Only successful candidates will be contacted.