Apprenticeship Careers Australia (ACA) is the leading employer of apprentices and trainees. We help mentor and support the next generation of apprentices through employment and vocational education pathways.
We have an exciting opportunity available for an enthusiastic person to start a Certificate III in Signs and Graphics for a 3 year duration duration with our long established market leading host in Bathurst. If you want to embark on an exciting career path and gain a qualification while earning a wage, look no further and join the team at Australia’s leading employer of trainees and apprentices.
As a 1st Year Signwriter and Installer you will work alongside experienced tradespeople who have been in the business for a number of years – learning from the best! Located in Bathurst and covering the Central West our client works with many local businesses on small and large scale projects. Using state of the art technology and equipment the business is responsible for the creation and installation of signage for local businesses.
This business is best described as fun yet professional and for the right candidate, you will soon feel like part of the family. Experience in the industry is desirable however not essential, attitude and aptitude is far more valuable.
Does this sound like you?
- Eager to learn new skills
- Willing to take on any task given to you and learn from experienced tradespeople
- Willingness to work with your hands
- Strong attention to detail and good time management skills
- Interest in Graphic Arts and good Computer Skills
- Able to assist staff members with organisation of work vehicles and workshop
- Honest and reliable work ethic
- Strong communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Demonstrates pride in your work and presentation
- Commitment to undertake study/coursework
- Drivers Licence and Construction White Card (Preferred)
Some of the duties include:
- Assist with taking orders of new signage jobs
- Assisting senior staff members with delivery and installation of new signage jobs
- Measure, cut and application of stickers
- Prepare surfaces for signs
- Assist with printing, fabrication and installation of signs
- Use of hand tools for signage installation
- Obtain job sheets, liaise with office and co-workers
- Ensure all work vehicles and workshop is appropriately organised
- Ensure accuracy of measurements
- Customer service skills
This role comes with great hours, from Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm with no weekend work.
For more information and a chat about this awesome opportunity, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org [link removed]