Are you ready to get your hands dirty? Come and pave your way to an Epic Career and become a Horticulture Apprentice with Apprenticeship Careers Australia today!
Start an apprenticeship or traineeship with Apprenticeship Careers Australia (ACA). We are Australia's leading Apprentice and Trainee Company, helping you secure the best jobs with the best employers!
Apprenticeship Careers Australia are seeking individuals who have an interest in Horticulture and/or Landscaping to undertake a Horticulturist Traineeship to work with our partners located in South Canberra.
Does This Sound Like You?
- Easy going and active
- Enjoy working hands-on in a variety of Locations.
- Up to learning the tricks of the trade?
- Do you have a passion for seeing something from start to finish?
As a Horticulturist you will plant and maintain lawns, trees, shrubs, flower/plant beds and maintain hard landscaping in public or private gardens and parks. Whilst gaining knowledge and experience within the industry you will be required to study and/or complete a Certificate II Horticulture.
Duties may include:
- Work on mainly residential job sites
- Sowing plants and trees
- Growing plants from cuttings and by grafting
- Taking care of plants - watering, weeding, pruning, feeding, and spraying
- Mowing grass, cutting dead growth and branches, and general tidying
- Install drainage systems
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Have Driver’s Licence
- Willing to obtain White Card
- Willing to obtain Asbestos Awareness
- Positive and outgoing
- Willing to learn all parts of the trade
- Physically fit
- Good attitude
This opportunity come with great hours, a trade qualification and a career in the great outdoors!
Our partners are looking at part-time work hours to begin with, to eventually move into full-time hours.
For more information and a chat about this position, contact our team at Info@apprenticeshipcareers.com.au.