Apprenticeship Careers Australia (ACA) is a leading employer of Apprentices in the Electronics and Radio Communications Sector. We help mentor and support the next generation of Electronics and Communications Apprentices through employment and vocational education pathways.
Here at ACA we currently have an opportunity for a 1st to 4th Year Electronics Technician Apprentice to join our team, you will generally be working in the Sydney Metropolitan Area. We have partnered with a leading Electronics and Radio Communications Service provider that focuses on radio systems and advanced telematics and software solutions in the emergency services and infrastructure sectors.
If you are looking to start or continue your Electronics and Communications career journey and want a great company to work with, look no further!
Key personal attributes:
- Ability and desire to work in a team
- Sound numeracy, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and fault-finding skills
- Physically fit
- Friendly, easy to talk to and polite
- Motivated and eager to learn with a strong work ethic
- Someone who loves to tinker with electronic or communications equipment
- Someone who takes pride in everything you do
As an Electronic Technician Apprentice, you will be working on a variety of commercial, industrial and infrastructure sites within Sydney Metro and in the workshop installing radios to vehicles, conducting repairs and programming. Whilst gaining valuable, practical experience you will be required to attend Ultimo TAFE and study a Certificate III in Electronics and Communication. This is a great learning role working in a strong team environment requiring someone who can work in fast paced changing environment.
Duties May Include:
- Installation and repairs of radios to vehicles and other on site environments
- Performing fault finding and diagnostic work
- Programming radios
- Installation of antennas and cables in buildings
- Preparation of installation kits
- Construction of custom communication equipment
- On site radio repeater site repairs
- Must be Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Current Drivers Licence & own transport essential
- White Card required
- Analytical and technical mindset
- The ability to understand written and verbal instruction
- Highly motivated team player
- Electronics and or communications experience will be highly valued or completion of electrical pre-apprenticeship course.
If you have the required skills and passion for Electronics and Communications apply now, we want to hear from you! Feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Please be aware this is not an Electrical Apprenticeship and does NOT lead to a NSW Electrical Contractors Licence