Take your passion for wood work to the next level!
Carpentry is a booming trade that offers you a career working outdoors building anything and everything from housing features such as walls, floorboards to frames. This hands-on trade will also have you repairing structures and fixtures made of wood, plywood and other materials, ensuring quality craftsmanship and safety are adhered to.
By starting your carpentry apprenticeship you’ll be involved in:
- Reviewing drawings and choosing timbers and other materials for layouts.
- Ordering timber materials.
- Cutting and assembling materials together.
- Nailing panels together.
- Fitting exterior wall cladding and window frames.
- Assembling wood structures together and installing wood joints.
- Repairing existing fittings.
Skills You Will Need:
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to liaise with clients
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Enjoy manual work
- Good hand-to-eye coordination
Career options available:
Residential Carpenter: People who specialise in new-home construction. As a part of this exciting career you’ll be involved in framing and finishing exterior walls, roofing and decking as well as setting floors and building stairs.
Commercial Carpenter: People who help build commercial buildings, hospitals, schools, shopping centres and hotels. This involves finishing interior and exterior walls, partitions and ceilings.
Industrial Carpenter: People who work with civil and industrial buildings where they will help build scaffolding and construct bridges, tunnels, dams or sewer projects.
Potential entry level qualifications
What’s the next step?
Does this sound like the career path for you? Apply now and kick start your Carpentry Apprenticeship today!