Field Officer - Group Training Organisation
Apprenticeship Careers Australia is one of Australia's leading employers of apprentices and trainees, across a wide range of industries. As a division of the NSW Business Chamber, the state’s peak business organisation, we have made it our mission to help apprentices and trainees find the job they'll love, and to help businesses find talent best suited for their company's needs. Over the years we have helped guide thousands of Australians to kick-start their careers with an apprenticeship or traineeship.
As a Field Officer with Apprenticeship Careers Australia, no two days will be the same. In your new role, you will:
- Recruit potential apprentices and trainees and match them with some of Australia's "employers of choice" to help them gain the hands on experience to enable them to graduate successfully and become Australia's best in their chosen industry.
- Maximise the successful completion rates of apprentices and trainees, through the provision of effective mentoring and support.
- Work closely with your allocated team and build close relationships that will guide apprentices and trainees through up to 4 years of study and training.
- Build and develop relationships with host employers, ensuring mutually beneficial outcomes for our apprentices, trainees and host employers.
- Identify Business Development opportunities, which will see you grow your portfolio of host employers, enabling you to provide new opportunities to increase the number of apprentices and trainees launching their careers with Apprenticeship Careers Australia.
- Develop relationships across a diverse range of individuals and organisations, such as careers advisors, education professionals, youth organisations, job network providers and TAFE's, to ensure the success of your portfolio.
- Have the opportunity to represent Apprenticeship Careers Australia at NSW Business Chamber seminars, trade functions, careers days, Expos and our legendary pop up recruitment events.
- Ensuring a safe working environment for our apprentices and trainees is an imperative, as on a daily basis you will be working closely with our host employers, apprentices and trainees in a consultative role to ensure safety is at the forefront of everything we do.
- Check out our Sydney Team in the video above!
Essential criteria to succeed in your new role:
- Excellent communication and people skills, with ability to deal with a wide range of individuals on a daily basis in a consultative professional manner.
- You will have a mature outlook, but still be able to have empathy with your apprentices and trainees and be able to build a rapport with individuals whether it being a school leaver starting their first job or a skilled, mature individual making a lifestyle change.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi task and prioritise your daily workload.
- Demonstrated negotiation and influencing skills
- An entrepreneurial flair and the ability to see opportunities others may miss
- Current Driver's Licence
- Local knowledge of the Wollongong and Far South Coast regions advantageous
- Hold a valid Working with Children's Check or be willing to obtain prior to commencement
On offer is a salary commensurate with experience, FMCV, smart phone, laptop and an excellent supportive team environment.
This role will see you with clients ranging from northern suburbs of Wollongong to Far South Coast region.
If this sounds like the role for you, click the Apply Now button and send us your Resume. We are looking for the right person to start ASAP!
Please note, applicants must have unrestricted work rights in Australia, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted