Automotive Group Training (AGT) is a leading employer of Apprentices and Trainees within the automotive industry across Australia. We help mentor and support young Australians through vocational educational pathways.
Our client, one of Sydney’s most prestigious motorcycle spray painting workshops in the Sutherland Shire have a once in a lifetime opportunity for a 1st Year Motorcycle Spray Painter. This company has built a name in doing everything from classic motorcycle designs, restorations, collision paint repairs and custom art designs.
The person we’re looking for must have a genuine love for motorcycles, an eye for detail, patience and desire to be the best in the trade. Most of all we are looking for reliable candidates that have a passion for completing a Spray Painting Apprenticeship.
Being in an apprenticeship position, you will learn and become skilled in all areas of the trade including but not limited to the following:
- Sand surfaces using hand or power tools
- Remove rough spots on vehicle panels
- Carry out masking procedures
- Apply primer and finishing coats
- Colour matching and mixing paints
- Waxing and polishing the finished paint work
- Carry out work in a timely manner to a high standard
- Receive one on one training from highly skilled tradespeople
Skills and Qualifications required
- Motorcycle license preferred or willing to obtain
- Minimum Year 10 education completed
- The ability to understand written and verbal instruction
- A high attention to detail, and the ability to learn and work to defined time frames.
- Be punctual and reliable
- Safe and confident with hand and power tools
- School Leavers encouraged to apply
If you feel you have the required skills for this position, please apply today!