Apprenticeship Careers Australia (ACA) is well known for matching Apprentices and Trainees with businesses across Australia. We help mentor and support young Australians through vocational educational pathways.
Our client, a well-established and family operated smash repair company located in Dubbo are seeking a self-motivated Junior Apprentice Panel Beater to join their team.
The person we’re looking for has the ability to work with hand power tools and hold good technical and mechanical aptitude skills. To be considered for this position you must hold a high work ethic, and be able to effectively contribute to a team environment.
A current driver’s licence and own transport is preferred for this position, but most of all we are looking for reliable candidates that have a passion for completing a Spray Painting Apprenticeship.
Applications must include a letter of introduction, a current resume, and copies of any relevant certificates, with the names and contacts details of referees.
Being an apprenticeship position you will learn and become skilled in all areas of the trade including but not limited to the following
- Sand surfaces using hand or power tools
- Remove rough spots on vehicle panels
- Carry out masking procedures
- Apply primer and finishing coats
- Colour matching and mixing paints
- Waxing and polishing the finished paint work
- Repairing all vehicle to company standard for all customers
- Ensure all work performed is quality checked
- Work in an time efficient manner at all times
Skills and Qualifications required
- Current drivers licence and own transport preferred
- Minimum Year 10 education completed
- The ability to understand written and verbal instruction
- A high attention to detail, and the ability to learn and work to defined time frames.
- Be punctual and reliable
- Be open to gaining experience in all facets of the trade
If you feel you have the required skills for this position, please apply today!