Apprenticeship Careers Australia (ACA) is greatly known for matching Apprentices and Trainees with businesses across Australia. We help mentor and support young Australians through vocational educational pathways.
Our client, a well-established and family operated Butchery located in Narromine are seeking a self-motivated 1st Year Apprentice Butcher to join their team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a school leaver, having finished Year 10 or higher.
The person we’re looking for has the ability to listen and take instruction from a very knowledgeable and experienced team of Qualified Butchers. To be considered for this position you must hold a high work ethic, and be able to effectively contribute to a team environment.
A current driver’s licence and own transport is preferred for this position, but most of all we are looking for reliable candidates that have a passion for completing a Butchery Apprenticeship.
Applications must include a letter of introduction, a current resume, and copies of any relevant certificates, with the names and contacts details of referees.
Being an apprenticeship position you will learn and become skilled in all areas of the trade including but not limited to the following
- Apply hygiene and sanitation practices
- Follow safe work policies and procedures
- Communicate in the workplace
- Identify meat cuts
- Trim meat for further processing
- Store meat products
- Prepare minced meat and minced meat products
- Provide service to customers
- Select, weigh and package meat for sale
- Cleaning workspace and retail areas
- Sharpen knives
- Make and sell sausages
- Prepare and operate a bandsaw
- Prepare and slice meat cuts
Skills and Qualifications required
- Current drivers licence and own transport preferred
- Minimum Year 10 education completed
- The ability to understand written and verbal instruction
- A high attention to detail, and the ability to learn and work to defined time frames.
- Be punctual and reliable
- Be open to gaining experience in all facets of the trade
If you feel you have the required skills for this position, please apply today!