Apprenticeship Careers Australia (ACA) is the leading employer of apprentices in the Electrical Industry. We help mentor and support the next generation of electricians through employment and vocational education pathways.
We currently have multiple opportunities for 1st to 4th Year electrical apprentices. We have partnered with a leading business in the Electrical Service industry who are highly regarded providers and installers, who work on jobs all over the Canberra Region.
If you are looking to kick start your Electrical journey and want a great company to work with, look no further!
As an Electrical Apprentice you will select, install, set up, test, fault find, repair and maintain a wide range of electrical systems and equipment in varying buildings and premises. Whilst gaining valuable and practical experience, you will be required to attend CIT to study a Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician.
Key Personal Attributes:
- Ability and desire to work in a team
- Sound numeracy, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Physically fit
- Friendly, easy to talk to and polite
- Motivated and eager to learn
- Someone who is punctual, always on time
- Someone who takes pride in everything you do
Duties May Include:
- Handle both residential and commercial jobs
- Complete general fit outs
- Provide assistance to licensed electricians and be trained by them
- Technical and statutory inspections and tests on electrical equipment
- Arrange circuits, control and protection for general electrical installations
- Ability to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Must be Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or New Zealand Citizen
- Current drivers licence and vehicle
- White Card required
- Asbestos Awareness
- The ability to understand written and verbal instruction
- A high attention to detail
- Be open to gaining experience in all facets of the trade
- Have completed a pre-apprenticeship course in Electrical is an advantage
If you have the required skills and passion for the Electrical Industry apply now, we want to hear from you!
Juniors are also encouraged to apply!
For more information about this awesome opportunity, call our crew on 1300 765 155 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.