Start an apprenticeship or traineeship with Apprenticeship Careers Australia (ACA). We are Australia's leading Apprentice and Trainee Company, helping you secure the best jobs with the best employers!
Here at Apprenticeship Careers Australia we are seeking individuals to undertake a Parks and Gardens Apprenticeship to work with an organisation based in either Thornleigh or Turramurra.
Are you ready to get your hands dirty? Come and pave your way to an Epic Career and become a Horticulture Apprentice with Apprenticeship Careers Australia today!
1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th Year applicants are welcome to apply!
- Someone who likes to work in a team?
- Physically fit
- Friendly, easy to talk to and polite
- Loves working outdoors and with your hands
- Motivated and eager to learn
- Someone who takes pride in everything you do
- A bit of an outdoor guru, with great attention to detail?
As a Park and Gardens Tradespersons you will plant and maintain lawns, trees, shrubs, flower/plant beds and maintain hard landscaping in public or private gardens and parks. Whilst gaining knowledge and experience within the industry you will be required to study and/or complete a Certificate III Horticulture 'Parks and Gardens’.
- Working on residential, commercial and strata gardens
- General garden maintenance
- Mowing, Planting, Mulching, Weeding etc
- Maintain gardens by fertilising and trimming
- Turf preparation and management
- Operate and install irrigation and drainage systems
- Plant identification (native and exotic species)
- Attending TAFE studies one day a week
The Successful Applicant:
- Must be a Australian citizens or Permanent Resident
- Must have current driver’s license and vehicle
- Have a current white card or willing to obtain
- Has an interest in all aspects of Landscape
- The ability to work within a team and take direction from a team leader
- An eye for detail, be punctual, and be enthusiastic about your work
What We Offer:
- A supportive team environment
- Weekly Pay
- Ongoing mentoring and support
- TAFE Training
These full time opportunities come with great hours, a trade qualification and a career in the great outdoors!
For more information and a chat about this awesome opportunity, call our crew on 1300 765 155 or email firstname.lastname@example.org