Automotive Group Training (AGT) has partnered with huge hitter in the Heavy Vehicle Industry located in Padstow! We are on the hunt for a motivated and passionate 1st – 4th Year Heavy Vehicle Mechanic Apprentice. We are a leading employer of apprentices and trainees across Sydney. We help mentor and support the next generation of Heavy Vehicle Mechanics through employment and accredited vocational education pathways.
If you are looking to kick-start your trade or seek a change of employer in the automotive industry and want a great company to work with to finish your qualification, look no further!
What we are looking for:
- Provisional Driver’s licence is a must
- Someone who likes to work in a team
- An aptitude for Mechanics
- Friendly, easy to talk to and polite
- Reliable, honest and trustworthy
- Motivated and eager to learn
- Someone who takes pride in everything they do
- Have a passion and interest for all aspects in automotive
- Must be willing to obtain truck licences’
As a Heavy Vehicle Mechanic Apprentice, you would work on heavy commercial vehicles performing a range of service, repair and diagnostic procedures including engines, transmissions and final drive assemblies.
Some of the duties include:
- Diagnose and repair heavy commercial vehicle steering systems
- Retrofit and modify air conditioning and HVAC systems
- Diagnose and repair heavy vehicle hydraulic and air over hydraulic braking systems
- Follow safe working practices in an automotive workplace
- Follow environmental and sustainability best practice in an automotive workplace
All suitable applications will be considered if a resume and cover letter is attached.
For more information and a chat about this awesome opportunity, call our crew on 02 9796 3655.