Is your business in rural or regional NSW and you're looking for an apprentice?
On 1 July 2019, the Australian Government announced an expansion to the Australian Apprenticeship Wage Subsidy (AAWS) program. This means that if your business is based in rural or regional NSW and you're looking to take on a new first year apprentice, you can save thousands of dollars!
With only 459 apprenticeships and traineeships available in NSW under this subsidy, make sure your business doesn't miss out on the limited number of places!
How you benefit
If your business is in rural or regional NSW and you sign-up and commence an eligible new apprentice from 1 July 2019 you may be able to receive subsidies for their wages in the first three years of work. Receive the below subsidies:
- 75% of the apprentice’s award wage in their first year*
- 50% of the apprentice’s award wage in their second year
- 25% of the apprentice’s award wage in their third year
- This works out to be a saving of approximately $37,000 over three years!
Who is eligible?
AAWS is available to employers in identified rural and regional areas who sign-up and commence a new Australian Apprentice from 1 July 2019. The apprentice must be:
- Undertaking a full-time Certificate III or IV level qualification in an occupation listed on the National Skills Needs List
- Employed under the relevant Award (modern award) for their occupation, an enterprise agreement or other registered agreement
- Employers must also meet all other eligibility requirements under the Australian Apprenticeships Incentives Program and must not have claimed an AAWS payment previously.
Complete our application form below to hear from one of our experts on how we can help your business.
“We have utilised the services of Apprenticeship Careers Australia over the past 12 months, to assist in finding Apprentices and Trainees to join our team.
Lea H, General Manager, Hix Group Pty Ltd
The team at Apprenticeship Careers Australia have not only been able to provide us with some excellent candidates but they have provided professional and prompt recruitment services and continually monitor their apprentices and trainees progress.
This has been an efficient and cost effective way of finding our apprentices and we look forward to working with their team over the coming years.”
How ACA can help you
Apprenticeship Careers Australia takes the hard work and administration out of recruiting, training and employing apprentices and trainees in your business.
Backed by Australia’s foremost experts in business through the Australian Business Chamber movement, our team has the experience, knowledge and research behind us to best manage apprentices and trainees in your business.